It’s time to stand up for science in the public interest in Canada. In recent years we have seen cuts to many important scientific institutions, science funding has shifted focus towards the commercialization of research, and government scientists have lost the ability to communicate their research to the public.
Science matters to Canadians. Good science, when coupled with good decision-making, keeps our water and air clean, keeps us healthy, keeps our food safe and prepares Canada for the future. Science in the public interest is crucial for our well-being and long-term prosperity.
Join us in calling on the Federal government to make a strong commitment to science in the public interest by:
- Funding scientific research from basic science through to applied.
- Using the best available science and evidence to make the best decisions.
- Supporting the open communication of publicly funded science to the public, unless there are demonstrably good reasons for not doing so.
It’s your future – make it your science.
Here are some of the ways you can stand up for science:
- Attend a rally in your city!
- Send a message to your MP and the party leaders asking them to Stand Up for Science!
- Phone your MP
- Join our ‘tweetstorm’ and tweet about the issues.